SUBTITLE: "Disclosing the Sumero-Phoenician Parentage of our Letters Ancient and Modern"
1. Ancestry of the Alphabets re the Phoenicians.
2. Alphabetic Letters in Pre-Dynastic and Early-Dynastic Egypt and Theories Thereon.
3. How the Sumerian Origin of the Alphabet was Discovered.
4. The Alphabetic Vowel and Consonantal Signs in Sumerian Writing.
5. The So-Called "Aphonic Owner's Mark" Signs of Pre-Dynastic and Early-Dynastic Egypt are Sumerian Linear Pictograms.
6. Comparative Alphabetic Tables Showing Sumerian Origin and Evolution of the Alphabetic Letters.
7. Individual Letters and their Evolution from Sumerian Parents.
8. Names of the Letters and Objects Pictured.
9. Order of the Alphabet or ABC and Numeral Values of Letters.
10. Authorship of the Alphabetic System and Date.
11. Some Historical Effects of the Discoveries.
Abbreviations for References.
Published 1927 Luzac & Co., London W.C., copyright expired (author: L.A Waddell / Laurence Austine Waddell (1854–1938)). Waddell was a Contributor to ENCYCLOPAEDIA BRITANNICA, 1909, and to HASTING'S ENCYCLOPAEDIA OF RELIGION AND ETHICS, 1908-1921.
See also: PRESTON, Christine: 'The Rise of Man in the Gardens of Sumeria: A Biography of L.A. Waddell' (2009)